Friday, May 31, 2013

Little Mama Week #23

We had our 23 week appointment yesterday. Doctor said everything looks good. Baby Ashley's heart beat was 148 and I only gained 2 pounds since last time. She is not worried about the weight because she likes for women to gain 2-3 pounds per month. Up until this point I have gained more each month. So in total I have gained 13 pounds. My little piggies can tell it too! Plus my heels hurt more if I am up a lot.

Doctor had an assistant with her as she did her rounds. She must be studying to become an OB/GYN or something like that. She was the one that did all the measuring and listening to his heart beat.

I am measuring at 21cm. Which should equal to how far along I am, but it's not. I am concerned about it, but she didn't seem to be...so we will go with her thoughts. I know it really measures your uterus and has nothing to do with baby growth. But I keep looking online at all the forums and it scares me. I feel like I am not growing enough and that I should eat more. I just have not had a good appetite lately. So I am going to try and not worry about it...unless my doctor says something about it. Just eat healthy.

Our next appointment is at the end of June and that will be the blood sugar test. She gave me the fruit punch to drink and all my instructions. Another lady told me the colder the drink the better it is...almost slushy like. I really need people to pray for me...because I am just scared about this. I usually eat two times before 9:00am and with doing the test you can't eat for 2 hours before you drink the stuff or right after you drink it. So I plan to get up at 5:00am and have a small breakfast and not eat anything else until after they have drawn blood. It is during this time that I am scared that my sugar will fall. I know things will be okay, but I think I will need someone to go with me incase my sugar does drop.

She is also going to do a Chicken Pox test to see if I am immune to them. I have never had them or a shot to prevent them. So maybe I will be immune to them. If not...I feel bad for Chris if Baby Ashley and I both have them. I am not a happy person when I itch! The last time I had poison ivy, the doctor had to give me nerve medicine!

So how is Baby Ashley doing this week?

This week Baby Ashley is about 10.5 to 11.8 inches and about 12.7 ounces. His face is fully formed now. I am excited to see what features he gets from both of us. He can also hear voices and heartbeat and even loud sounds like car horns and dogs barking. I am glad he can hear Bear barking, so he will not be scared of him when he meets him for the first time.


He has been moving several times during the day. He kinda scared me last week by not moving so much. But he has started moving on his normal routine again.

I went to my first breast feeding support group meeting this past Tuesday. The lady who does the classes answered all my questions before it started, so I just basically sat there and watched other parents children play. I do have some crazy stories to tell, but I will keep them to myself. Lets just say that I will not be going back any time soon. Maybe after he is born....but not right now!

People have said how my hair is so shinny. To me it is the same, but I guess it is my vitamins. A friend told me to enjoy it because after Baby Ashley gets here, some of my hair may fall out! GREAT!!!!

Water and the bathroom have become my new friends. I am trying to drink more water, but it is just not my cup of tea. Even with flavor drops it still is boring.
Photobucket

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...