Thursday, March 7, 2013

Water, Water, Water!

I have never been much of a drinker (not the alcohol kind). Whether it was cola, tea, water or whatever...I just never drank much during the day. A can drink could last me lunch and supper. I have tried over the last year to at least finish my glass of sweet tea at supper, but I have failed many times. My dad does the same thing. He can go a whole meal and not take a drink.

Since I am expecting, water is a must! I try to drink two bottles of water a day, a cup of apple juice in the morning and Ginger Ale or Sprite for supper. Let me just say that is A LOT of fluids for me. I don't mind since I have a very important job I am doing.

Not sure if the 6 bathroom breaks during the day and 2 at night having anything to do with the fluids or just things pressing on my bladder. It is probably a little of both and other girl friends have told me it will get worse!

One thing that has helped me drink more water, is my mouth being dry. I have read so much about how you will have extra saliva during pregnancy...well mine has been the other way. I feel like I need to guzzle a gallon of water to keep from having a dry mouth. I can take a drink of water and as soon as I swallow it feels dry again.

I recently got some Dasani Water Drops that I can add to my water. Maybe that will give it a little more flavor.

Not sure about drinking water from the tap. Several articles have said it is okay. Some dentist prefer you to drink from the tap due to the Fluoride in it. It really doesn't taste bad, I am just worried it may have some crazy fungus in it.
Photobucket

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...