Friday, March 1, 2013

Our Newest Family Addition :)

Baby Ashley is due September 27, 2013.


We found out on January 18th that we were having a baby.

I knew mother nature had not visited in a while so I needed to check. I had went and bought groceries that night and took the test when I got home. I was no where as nervous this time as I was last time. It was almost like I knew it was positive and knew what was to come. So I took the test and of course it was positive. We didn't want to tell anyone, so I had to sit at home by myself knowing our good news. I decided to call my mom and just talk. I need to talk to someone. She never caught on :)

Chris was still at work, so I had to wait until he got home around 1:00am to tell him. I let him get his stuff in and we had talked for a little bit when I told him I had some good news to tell him. I said, "I am pregnant". He was like, "That's good".  We talked for a little bit more and went to bed. We were excited, we just didn't want to get too excited. We didn't want to set ourselves up for disappointment.

We waited a week or so to tell our parents, Chris' sister and other family members. They were all excited and told us congratulations. My dad screamed so loud, Wilson started barking!

I waited a little while longer before I told my co-workers. They were excited also!

So how have the last 10 weeks been. Well I will try and tell.

4 weeks 1 day
First doctor's appointment went good. I got to see a sac, which I was glad to see. She did more blood work and an urine sample. Told me to come back in a week.

I felt good. Symptoms: sore breast and very hungry.

5 weeks 5 days
Did another ultrasound and saw a small embryo with a heartbeat! :) My first words were, "Thank You Lord". Man did she do some blood work. 4 things of blood, which tested me for everything. She gave me the book, "What To Expect When You Are Expecting" and a lot of papers to look over. Most of it covers classes that are offered through the hospital and her office. My next appointment is in 4 weeks.

Symptoms: They come and go, but the sore breast stay. Also the hunger is CRAZY! I have been having a little acne on different parts of my chest and face., bathroom breaks. It is like the symptoms will stay for a day or two and then a new one would come. I have not thrown up (TMI...but sorry) I have been a little nauseated at different times, but nothing major. Mostly it occurs in the evening after supper. I have been tired, so coming home and eating and laying down have been great!

10 weeks
Man was I ready for this appointment. I was nervous, scared and excited! Four weeks is just too long to wait. Seeing and hearing a heartbeat was my main concern. When I heard the heartbeat I was so, so thankful. She let me have another ultrasound so I could see and hear everything. As soon as she started the ultrasound Baby Ashley was moving around. And yes I got video! Next she let me listen to the heartbeat, which was strong! :) :) Again, I thanked the Lord....it is a blessing! After the ultrasound we went over my medical coverage...and I am not happy about what my insurance will not cover. But I am thankful for what it does, it could be worse.

So I go back in another four long weeks. I should be about 14 weeks. Not sure when we will find out the sex, but I can't wait. Every time I go back my days have changed. I know they will continue to, so I am not worried about that.

My clothes have started to be tight. So maternity clothes are in the near future.
Photobucket

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...