Friday, March 22, 2013

Little Mama Week 13

Where has the time gone? Most of it has been spent making sure Baby A is growing and healthy with a strong heart beat. I have been scared, nervous and excited all at the same time. I believe when I start showing, the excitement will get bigger. Also when I go back to the doctor next Thursday and see Baby A move and hear a heart beat, I will feel comfortable.

So what has Baby A been up to? Lets see.....

Yay! It’s the last week of the first trimester and you did it. We’re not just talking about getting through those work meetings without falling asleep (or puking!), we’re talking about how you’ve completed one whole third of your pregnancy -- and the reputed toughest one at that. You’ve grown a fetus that has vocal cords, teeth and even fingerprints (wow!) and you probably kept this incredible news (mostly) secret while you constantly wished you could shout it from the rooftops -- or, at the very least, use it as an excuse for getting to work late. It’s about this time that many parents-to-be start spreading the word (to more people than just close family and friends) that there’s a baby on the way. But know that there are no hard and fast rules about when you should divulge your secret. It could be after your next prenatal doctor visit, once you start showing or at a big family event where everyone will be gathered. Or maybe everyone already knows! That’s totally your call.



Baby A is about 2.9 inches long and weighs about .81 ounces, and -- proportion-wise -- her head's now about 1/3 the size of her body (remember? It used to be bigger!).  Can you believe she's forming vocal cords and teeth?! And even though she's still teeny, she already has fingerprints. Her intestines are moving from the umbilical cord to their more permanent place, in her tummy.

www.thebump.com

The pains in my right side have gone away! So I am going to assume it was due to the spicy foods that I had ate. I have tried not to eat any this week to see if that is the issue.

•The acne is still here! Not as bad.
•Getting up once or twice during the night to pee!
•My hands have been dry, so I have kept Lubriderm lotion on them during the day.
•Still eating like a horse. Healthy food that is.
•Clothes are starting to not fasten at all. Maternity clothes are getting closer. I have been looking and the prices are crazy!
•I have started to pray each morning to Baby A. I read my Bible verse and then talk about it with Baby A.
•Sneezing is common these days. I sneezed the other night five times in a row.
•Bras are starting to get smaller and hurt under my breast.

Over all I have been very blessed to have it easy. Sometimes I look pregnant and sometimes I don't. I guess it is just how much I eat. I have been measuring my belly every Thursday and yesterday I was 34 1/2 in the waist. Not sure if that is how you measure, but that is how I am measuring. I know the doctor does it differently.

Monday night we had a storm to come through. Our power was off for over 12 hours. So I ate a PB&J sandwich and chips for supper. Not the best supper, but what can you do?

Just looking forward to next Thursday. I should be right at 14 weeks. I can't wait to see Baby A and hear its heartbeat!

Photobucket

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...