Friday, May 11, 2012

TV shows from the past

I know we have all said that they don't make television shows like they use to, at least I have! I remember some of my favorite shows like ALF, Gilligans Island, The Golden Girls, The Brady Bunch, I Love Lucy. I really could list a lot more, but that would just bore you!

I have recently noticed that they are showing old episodes of The Golden Girls. Now, I watched the show but not like ALF or Gilligan's Island. Those two I could tell you something about every episode.

So here is my take on ALF and Gilligan's Island. First let me start off with Gilligan's Island.

Gilligan's Island:
Let me just say this...Now I understand it was just a television show and they were never really stuck on an island, but it had me fooled when I was younger. I loved everything Gilligan did, he was so clumsy! The way they built their huts was awesome...and the coconut pies that Mary Ann fixed looked amazing. Never did I wonder how she baked them. Of all the people that they came into contact with, never did one of them say..."Oh we have been looking for you!" Nor did they go back to civilization and say they had found them and sent boats. It was tried once, but never found the right island. I often wondered how they took baths and never looked skinny. They wore the same clothes and they never looked bad. But anyway....enough of the stuff I didn't understand. Let me tell some of my favorite moments of the show.
•When Gilligan was a radio. Every time he opened his mouth you could hear a radio.
•When the Head Hunters were on the island.
•When Gilligan found seeds that allows him to read minds.
•When Ginger gets to do her Broadway show and Mrs. Howell thinks it should be her. Jealousy!
•When a frog helps them locate water.
I really could go on!

ALF:
Which stands for Alien Life Form!
Love, love, love ALF! Even  had an ALF doll when I was younger.
ALF had some of the funniest sayings. Such as..."If I had a straw and napkin I would so fill you full of spit balls!"  Besides chasing the cat, "Lucky" he keeps the family on their toes. You know, when I was younger I never tried to figure out what or who ALF was. Now I know! One of my favorite episodes was when he had the ant farm and they all died. He buried each one and gave them a name. Another favorite is when he drives the sports car for the first time. I love the Christmas episode where they go looking for a Christmas tree.
There was also an ALF episode where he lands on Gilligan's Island.

Thanks to Hulu I can watch old show of ALF. Guess I need to see if I can find Gilligan's Island.
Photobucket

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...