Monday, May 14, 2012

A Sad Day In The Swamp

Chris and I have been watching Swamp People since it has been on television. It follows a couple of men and women in southern Louisiana catching alligators in the swamps. It is a very unique show and something that I never really knew existed.
There are two brothers, Mitchell and Glenn Guist, who live off the land by hunting and fishing for everything that could be found in the swamp. You never saw them hunting alligators, mostly gar fish, squirrels and crawfish. Shoes were something you hardly saw them with. I have had some great laughs and a somewhat small understanding of what it would be like to live off the land. Though I  don't believe I would last too long. They were living a simple life, one in which they only knew. 
With that said I am sad to report that Mitchell has passed away. He will be truly missed.

Mitchell Guist, Swamp People
Photobucket

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...