Thursday, August 30, 2012

Prayers for Louisiana

Hurricane Issac...

I have been glued to The Weather Channel for the last three days. Watching and waiting for Hurricane Issac to come ashore. Weather fascinates me. No, I don't like when homes, businesses or lives are lost but there is something about bad weather that intrigues me. Tornadoes and hurricanes are right up there on my list. Call me crazy or whatever...I just love weather!

I feel so bad for the people who live in southern Louisiana. I realize they made the choice to live there, but I feel bad when they lose their homes and businesses. I am so thankful for the Army Corps of Engineers who have installed the water pumps. They have helped tremendously and have saved many homes and business. Possibly even lives.

Would I ever want to live there? Probably not. The same reason I would never build a home on the Gulf of Mexico. It seems to me, you are just waiting for a disaster to happen.

One thing I don't understand and probably will not unless I am put in their place, is why they don't leave when they are asked or even told to. With Hurricane Issac coming ashore this week, people were told days in advance to leave and get to higher ground, but some chose to stick it out. Thinking it would not be bad. I watched a short video yesterday on The Weather Channel where people were being rescued along with their 4 dogs.

On a good note there are hotels in Birmingham that are making it known that Louisiana residents can stay there. Is it not great to know there are people who are that nice!

Lets all say a short prayer for those in Louisiana.
Photobucket

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...