Monday, June 4, 2012

The weekend

Look what I found!


Yes, that is a baby raccoon. I found it Saturday morning while outside doing some yard work. It kept following the lawn mower, which made it difficult to cut the grass. It must not have been very old, because it was not walking good. I called my dad to see what I needed to do with it and he said just to put in back in the woods and leave it alone. It probably got away from its mother or she got killed. I went back out a few hours later and it had moved a couple of feet. I don't think it survived because it was not in the best of shape. (Not going to give nasty details)
I had plans to call the wildlife people, but Chris said by the time they got here it might have been gone. I would have loved to have taken it in the house and cared for it, but they have too many diseases and other things, for me to do that. Plus everything I found online said to put it back in its natural habitat.

I would like to send out a big THANK YOU to the Walgreens in East Gadsden. They are awesome. I had a small issue Friday night and they fixed it for me. For later reference (to me) Walgreens in Boaz closes at 8:00 p.m.

Chris and I watched the 3 part special about the Hatfield & McCoy feud. It was good, just a lot of bad words. They said a little at the end about each person but it went so fast I couldn't keep up. I felt so bad for Johnse Hatfield. He really loved Roseanna McCoy. They sure didn't mind killing anyone - young or old. The part where the Hatfields killed the McCoy boys by the trees was just awfull. Also at the end when they hung the young boy who was mental ill, was awful. He didn't have much of an idea about what was happening to him.

Photobucket

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...