Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Meeting an old co-worker

A couple of my girl friends and I had lunch at Mill Street Deli today. We try and go out once a month to just get away from all the work craziness. Oh...and to gossip!

While on our way out a lady came up and was about to ask a question, when I was like...I know her. I rudely interrupted her and told her, her name (like she didn't know it) and mentioned that I worked with her at Houston Cole Library in Jacksonville while I was a student there. She said that I looked familiar and we chatted for a couple of minutes to get caught up. She was doing some shopping...at what stores we have left.

The reason I post this is because I have thought about her a lot over the past years. She was an older lady, so I always wondered how she was doing. She was always nice and someone that was easy to talk with. Her nephew was into the civil war reenactment stuff. I believe they played music and actually won an Emmy. She once thought I should go out on a date with this guy that I really didn't think was cute. I got up the nerve and did it, but I hated the whole date! She retired my last semester at JSU and another lady was brought in. Thank goodness I had my internship to do and didn't work much, because she was not nice.

I am just thankful to God that I got to meet her again.

Ain't it weird how things like this happen. It's God doing what he does best!
Photobucket

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...