Thursday, March 8, 2012

Some Outside Color

I hate having a dull looking yard, but I don't have a green thumb either. So I have to stick with garden flags and easy potted flowers. Things that basically only need water once a day!
So yesterday I had to run by Walmart and get some prices. Well I wondered into the garden department. First I looked at the vegetables, thinking I could grow some. I tried to grow cucumbers once and they only got to the blooming part before they died. Then I thought I needed something colorful for my desk at work. That thought soon faded when I couldn't find anything colorful.
Then I found these Pansies for only $1.68 and I bought them. Total of $1.81...I believe I did good. I already had the container and the potting mix. I loved the yellow and really wanted them, but I wanted some of the purple also. So I got a mix. It says they need 6+ hours of sun light and watered daily. I believe I can handle that.


I had to mention them to Bear this morning before we went for our morning walk. He hates when I bring new things to the house to place outside. I told him to not pee on them or stick his head in the pot. Guess which one he did? If you guessed he stuck his head in the pot, you are correct! I am just waiting for him to pee on them next.
Photobucket

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...