Thursday, December 8, 2011

Pride and Prejudice #1

Guess who gets to play Mary Bennet in Pride and Prejudice?..............ME!!!

I am really excited, because I have NEVER done anything like this before in my life. I have gotten up in front of people and played charades and once in college did a skit for my sorority, but nothing to this extent.

Lydia, Kitty, Elizabeth, Jane and Mary Bennet.

For a while now I have been looking at a couple of the theatres up here and looking to see what they were putting on. I have always wanted to perform on Broadway in a musical, where I could sing and dance. Well since I can't sing I thought this would be exciting to partake. 

So I found where The Whole Backstage Theatre in Guntersville was having auditions for Pride and Prejudice. After work that Monday I went to the Albertville Library and got a copy of some of the parts that I thought I would like to audition for. Let me remind you, I had never seen the movie nor knew anything about the play or what I was getting into. So, I went home and started researching it on the Internet and reading over the part of Mary Bennet. She had the fewest lines! HA! Tuesday a co-worker brought me the movie to watch. I went straight home and started watching it. After that I knew that I should try out for Mary Bennet for one reason: since this was my first attempt at anything like this, I needed a small role. Wednesday I started trying to remember my lines and I watched the movie again. Thursday was the first day of auditions. Boy was I nervous! My heart was beating so fast, I know the director had to of known I was nervous. I read through my lines twice and learned I had to speak with a British accent. Oh boy!!! What have I gotten into? Friday was a long night. I got there at 6:00 and left a little before 9:00 p.m. I didn't read my lines but I stood in for a couple of other parts. Saturday morning was the last of the auditions at 10:00. I read my lines once and left at 10:45. 

It was a waiting game to see if I had made it. The director emailed a list of the cast on Monday and glory to God, I made it!!!! I checked every Facebook and Twitter page I could find to see the cast list.
Mary Bennet


Now the fun begins! (At least that is what others tell me). I am excited and nervous at the same time. I am so excited to see how this all comes together. I am a planner and need to know NOW how this is going to work. Something I need to just sit back and wait for. We have a read-thru on December 17th at 10:00 and start rehearsals on December 20th (Chris' birthday). The play opens February 10th!

I am excited to see what I get to wear!

There is some amazing talent in this play! Some of the cast just amaze me how they can jump into character so fast. I guess it is because they have been doing this for many years now.

Again, I want to thank God for giving me this opportunity in life!

Photobucket

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...