Thursday, December 20, 2012

Christmas Memories :)

I thought I would do a post about my Christmas memories. Not that they are all that exciting, but I just want to have them down, so when I get Alzheimers or something like that I will have them. I am not going to do them in any order just as I think about them.

•I remember the first time I found out there was no Santa Claus :( When I woke up the next morning I had the same amount of gifts I had the night before. Talk about thinking Santa missed you! I was bummed.
•I had a relative, Aunt Cora Lee, and she had to guard my grandmothers tree one year from me and my cousin, Chanda. My grandmother had bought us a pink ice ring and we could not look under the tree.
•I had wrote Santa a letter one year and when I got up Christmas Day I could tell that the letter was from my dad. It pays to pay attention to your parents handwriting!
•One year I gave my pawpaw a 2x4...wrapped! It might sound crazy, but his work shop was hit by a tornado earlier in the year.
•I remember one year getting a Barney stuffed animal.
•One year I got a bunch of Star Wars stuff from a friend.
•When I got older, we started having Christmas on Christmas Eve night. That way we could sleep in on Christmas Day.
•The first year my parents and I bought a real Christmas tree. It was huge...we had no sense of judgement. Our cat stayed under the tree.
•We  had the Coca Cola Village. With about nine houses, people, train, trees, cars, benches...a whole bunch of stuff.
•Chris and mine first Christmas - We got up early and exchanged gifts. His family had gotten us a "Our First Christmas" ornament.
•I love when Chris and I put up our decorations. We play Christmas music! We also play music on Christmas Day when we open presents.
•The Christmas my pawpaw was sick. Was a very hard Christmas, we didn't go down to my grandmothers and so Christmas was just not Christmas.
•My grandmother always gives $. When our family was small we got $40, now that our family has grown she has cut in down.

Photobucket

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...